Spring 2020: EVOLVE - Public Relations Intern
Dec 11, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
EVOLVE is an online women’s wear company based out of Richmond, VA working to revolutionize the fashion industry by representing women of all shapes, sizes, ages, races, gender identities, backgrounds, and abilities, showing people everywhere that Beauty Has No Limits.
The Intern assists EVOLVE with public relations and marketing, helping to expand profits and increase visibility around the mission and the company overall. The public relations/marketing intern will work directly below the CEO and Owner. It is EVOLVE’s goal to instill the basic teachings of marketing and public relations.
Duties might include any of the following responsibilities, as well as other, unlisted duties.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
● Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases
● Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
● Assist with organization of photo opportunities and events
● Assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media
● Assist with posting logos and organization summaries to web sites and publications
● Assist with finding and completing appropriate contest entries
● Assist with following-up with members of the media
● Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc.
● Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
● Assist with writing advertising copy
● Assist with developing, maintaining and using marketing database through Shopify (ie. mailing lists)
● Assist with electronic and social media marketing efforts for EVOLVE through engaging users on static posts and stories
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to work with others
● Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
● Ability to take charge
● Adherence to deadlines
● Willingness to contribute to the overall operation of EVOLVE
● Ability to generate, share and follow through on creative ideas Essential Physical Requirements:
● Ability to utilize computer and phone throughout the day
● Use of telephone and email
*If you think you would fit this role well, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com