Spring 2020: Clean Virginia - Communications Intern (PAID - Deadline Nov. 15 - General Assembly timeframe only)
Oct 29, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Communications Fellow is responsible for aiding in communications and outreach projects at Clean
Virginia in support of the strategic goals of ending monopoly utility corruption and advancing clean
energy in Virginia. The fellow will work during the Virginia General Assembly legislative session
(January - March 2020), helping design and manage daily output, including posting and maintaining
Clean Virginia’s accounts, engaging with supporters and with media outlets, drafting communications
materials, monitoring media narratives, and collaborating on strategy development. The
communications fellow will report to the Communications Director. Basic understanding of Virginia
public policy and politics preferred.
This position is based in Charlottesville with frequent travel to Richmond, but will consider candidates
that are Richmond based. This is a temporary position that will run for eight weeks from January to
March 2020 if full-time. Clean Virginia can adjust this schedule for part-time candidates. A start date of
January 6th is preferred. Pay is $15 an hour.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist in managing Clean Virginia’s digital platforms — social media, website, and email.
● Collaborate with Clean Virginia team on message development and creative
● Amplifying Clean Virginia legislative champions and partner organizations.
● Monitor relevant news and help identify visibility opportunities for Clean Virginia.
● Ensure Clean Virginia’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are centered in our
● Aid in the development of policy, political, and organizing materials.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Clean Virginia Communications
Director Cassady Craighill, firstname.lastname@example.org.