Spring 2019: Virginia Press Association - Multi-Media Design and Content Intern (PAID - Deadline: December 7)
Nov 19, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Press Association is seeking a multimedia design and content intern. The intern will work directly with the VPA’s communications manager and director of member services on multiple projects, with the major project being to help design materials for VPA’s annual conference and contest in April.
We are seeking individuals with the following skillset:
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience designing and preparing engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-media embedded into PowerPoint, including photos and videos.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage the process of design from concept to completion, including proofing for accuracy.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews work carefully.
- Knowledge and interest in VPA’s mission.
Expected to work 10-15 hours per week. Flexible scheduling with possibility of working some of the time off site. This internship is paid and will require one weekend of work (April 5-6) in support of our annual conference. Class credit is available.
Spring 2019 Projects:
- 2019 Conference and Banquet: This event will be the focus of a spring internship. It will include elements of design, marketing, design, data manipulation, printing logistics, set up and tear down, off-site travel, on-site registration, social media and more.
Please submit a resume and three samples of your design work to email@example.com by December 7, 2018.
About the Virginia Press Association The mission of the Virginia Press Association is to support our membership through responsive services and resources. We champion the common interests of Virginia newspapers and the ideals of a free press in a democratic society.