Spring 2019: Virginia Capitol Connections - Capitol Square Intern (Compensation Available)
Nov 19, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Capitol Square Internship Opportunity
Virginia Capitol Connections, Inc.
Internships available starting late November, 2018
Virginia Capitol Connections, Inc., is a public relations and communications firm that publishes a quarterly political affairs magazine, Virginia Capitol Connections, which features articles on important public policy and political issues written by leading legislators, executive branch officials, political scientists, lobbyists, and other noteworthy persons. We are looking for a senior level intern who is interested in marketing or business, and would like to solicit ads, large and small for this magazine. This will be a learning experience, and does not pay a wage. However, the intern will receive a commission for every ad sold. The intern will receive guidance about who to call, and what to say to close a deal. Intern will:
- learn basics of targeting an audience,
- get practice in approaching new people,
- learn how to explain advantages of advertising and ad options,
- learn the “etiquette” of good salesmanship,
- work with advertisers and staff to meet deadlines,
- receive samples of his or her work for portfolio.