Spring 2019: VCU's Literacy Institute - Communications Intern
Nov 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Description of Organization: The Literacy Institute’s Excellence in Children’s Early Language and Literacy (ExCELL) program brings together early childhood educators, families, early literacy specialists, and community resources to ensure that children develop critical early language and literacy skills.
- Help to develop, execute, and monitor an effective social media plan.
- Update, maintain, and enhance program website, including additions to the website (summer program tab, calendar, etc.).
- Work with ExCELL’s Research and Evaluation Coordinator and other staff to draft ideas for social media updates, press/news releases, etc.
- Create marketing materials and assist with various graphic design projects.
- General office and project support.
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal, writing and skills. Knowledge of journalism and PR are helpful.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with social media (FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Ability to work on Mac OS X.
- Ability to quickly learn basic drag-and-drop website design software.
- Ability to produce basic graphic design projects using software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to take initiative and work on projects independently.
- This is an unpaid internship located approximately 2 miles from Monroe campus (3600 West Broad Street, Suite 112, Richmond VA 23230).
- The internship may be taken for credit, but this is not required.
- This internship is offered year round; hours are flexible but must take place Monday- Friday between 8am and 5pm.
- Interns must have reliable transportation.
- Applicants should complete our application at the following link (https://redcap.vcu.edu/surveys/?s=MD4RJE7993) or contact Dr. Paula Ogston-Nobile (Research and Evaluation Coordinator; 804.827.2641/ firstname.lastname@example.org)