Spring 2019: Soles4Souls - Outreach Intern
Nov 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Soles4Souls Internship Program is an unpaid, semester-long internship that offers university students the opportunity to explore the world of nonprofit work. The goal of the S4S Internship Program is to link college coursework and theory with career responsibilities and expectations to help students visualize their future.
Community Partnerships is the division of Soles4Souls that concentrates on getting individuals, faith-based organizations, schools, civic groups, businesses and organizations outside of the country to participate in shoe drives. The sole focus of the Community Partnerships team is collecting shoes in order to supply our entrepreneurs with shoes, which are used to create small businesses and essentially feed families. We are a “sales” department, but since we’re selling a really cool mission, our selling techniques are unique and meaningful.
Overview of duties
- Help develop new programs to offer to donors that are creative ways to host a shoe drive (like a birthday party program, a Spring Cleaning campaign, a curbside recycling program, a Jean Day for a business, etc).
- Help plan outreach strategies to reach new audiences. This could be via social media posts, press releases, creating fun videos, etc.
- Help secure donated space/warehouse partners across the United States in order to have more locations to make donating shoes easier for our donors.
- Students must be currently enrolled rising juniors/seniors or previously graduated from an accredited university.
- Interns are required to provide their own transportation and laptop.
- Students must submit two letters of recommendation to be considered.
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required.
- We expect all students and S4S Interns to participate in weekly evaluations and exit interviews during the program.
Please send application, resume and letters of recommendation to Tiffany Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.