Spring 2019: RVAgriculture - Marketing Intern
Dec 14, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
This position contributes to the success of RVAg, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that operates three seasonal farmers markets, by supporting the growth of our Mission & Brand(s). We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have creative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Executive Director and other team members in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
- Supports execution of promotions for multiple weekly farmers markets and other special events within our local community.
- Creates unique opportunities for customers to interact with the RVAg Brand, as well as each of our individual farmers market brands.
- Collect and distribute communications for social media efforts.
- Assist in the development of creative materials - signage, e-mail campaigns, online communications.
- Assist with the execution of event marketing activity.
- Seek and analyze competitive marketing and retail efforts.
- Track customer contact information for social media outreach.
- Maintain tracking report for marketing activity.
- Update website using WordPress.
- Research content relevant to brand buckets and, following our marketing plan, post regularly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Assist with creating weekly emails using Mailchimp.
- Undergraduate student majoring in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations.
- Passion for people, healthy food and a healthy lifestyle.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and results-oriented.
- Ability to function independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Pays attention to details.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Solutions oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage correctly confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager)
- Participate in occasional special events
- Ability to perform the following tasks at various times up to 90% of time: Bending and twisting, carrying, climbing, computer usage including equipment necessary for product preparation, special equipment, crawling, handling, kneeling, lifting, pushing and pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking and stooping.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Dearden, RVAg Executive Director email@example.com
Pay: This is an unpaid internship.
Hours: +/- Two to three hours per week as needed.
Time Period: Select candidates will be contacted via email by January 8th for an interview. Internship starts mid-January and has an open end date.
Cover Letter: Please explain your reason(s) for wanting to work for our non-profit organization!