Spring 2019: RVA Magazine - Communications Intern (Deadline -- December 30th, 2018)
Nov 27, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Tell the Stories of Virginia's best
Report on shows. Meet muralists. Interview your
favorite musicians. Attend festivals.
Cover fashion, cover fine arts, cover film. Cover
breweries and restaurants, cover theatre. Feature
Virginia news and the intersections of culture.
Report on LGBTQ news with GayRVA. Pitch your
- Cover politics, policy, identity. Have a voice
- Work remotely on 1-2 articles per week,
in the national conversation. Bring an open mind.
THE JOB & WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
interviewing sources in person or via phone on
- Access to shows, parties, and events of your
- Have your name published in Virginia's largest
choice throughout Virginia.
- Have the independence to cover stories and
- Gain long- and short-form writing experience.
- Multimedia web-based project experience.
issues that interest you.
CREDIT HOURS: 3 (150 HOURS PER SEMESTER)
THE START OF RICHMOND'S "RVA."
Launched in 2005 as a zine to promote the
bubbling revival of Richmond's underground, the
RVA regional brand started with RVAMag. Now
Virginia's largest independent media and the East
Coast voice for arts, entertainment, and news,
RVA Magazine and GayRVA are at the center of
culture and the Commonwealth's voice.
how to apply
Join the conversation. To apply to RVA Magazine
and/or GayRVA, send us your:
- COVER LETTER
- 2-3 WRITING SAMPLES (FEATURE
AND HARD NEWS IF APPLICABLE)
- AVAILABILITY FROM JANUARY -
- WEBSITE (IF APPLICABLE)
Email your information to Caley Sturgill at
firstname.lastname@example.org by mid- to late-December.
Feel free to email and ask any questions as well.