Spring 2019: ReBuild - Communications/Development Intern (Deadline -- January 23, 2019)
Jan 14, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
We are seeking a communications and development intern to assist in executing
our fundraising, marketing, and communications strategies.
This intern will assist us in:
• increasing our organization’s brand awareness across various platforms
(newspaper, radio, television, social media, and online),
• promoting our National Rebuilding Day (annual volunteer day of service),
• creating content for annual report, social media, e-newsletter, and
• planning our volunteer appreciation night, fundraising “Give Back”
nights, and partner tour,
• tracking donor and fundraising opportunities in our database, and
• preparing “thank you” acknowledgements and other fundraising
assignments when needed.
Our communications intern should demonstrate strong writing skills and be able
to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. The intern must be able to
take initiative and remain proactive in the workplace.
Applicants should also be highly organized and knowledgeable of online
communications and social networking sites such as Constant Contact, Wordpress, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This is an un-paid position; we require a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Contact Malcolm Jones, development and communications manager, at
Malcolm@RebuildingTogetherRichmond.org with resume, cover letter and up to 2
writing samples by Wednesday, January 23, 2019.