Spring 2019: Podium - Social and Digital Media/Communication Intern
Nov 19, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Organization: Podium is a local, non-profit organization. We give Richmond middle and high school students the opportunity to explore their passion for the literary arts while learning writing and communication skills through after-school programs, summer teen leadership conference, open mic showcases, and youth literary journal publications.
Projects can include:
- Managing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other relevant accounts
- Researching content relevant to organization’s mission
- Organize archive of digital images and videos
- Report on online activity and best practice models/analytics
- Assist with creation of digital and print content (blog, website, newsletters), developing promotional materials
- Assisting with media relationships and sponsorships
- Opportunity to create a portfolio project of your choosing!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and email
- Experience with editing software (Adobe, Canva, or equivalent)
You will receive a firsthand look at how community organizations work, have networking opportunities with board members (many of whom work for companies in the writing, editing, publishing, and marketing/advertising industry), and create positive change in the community. This position is unpaid. Academic credit available. Flexible hours (some work can be done from home), approximately 7-10 hours a week. The Podium office is located at 320 Hull St., approximately 10 minutes from VCU. The campus connector stops 3 blocks away. Contact Vicki Yeroian, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply. Please submit a resume and copy of class schedule.