Spring 2019: Podium - Graphic Design Intern
Nov 19, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Develop concepts, create graphics and design layouts for digital and print media, including flyers, posters, email newsletters, website, postcards, invitations, blog and social media accounts
● Collaborate with communications team on support campaigns, marketing materials
● Design layout for Podium program publications, including Podium Journal, literary ‘zines
● Video/photo editing
● Opportunity to design a portfolio project of your choosing!
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
● Must have excellent time management skills
● Must have ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team
● Must be able to define and work to deadlines
● Personable, creative
● Proficiency in CMS and basic understanding of HTML; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
You will receive a firsthand look at how community organizations work, have networking opportunities with board members (many of whom work for companies in the writing, editing, publishing, and marketing/advertising industry), and create positive change in the community. This position is unpaid. Academic credit available. Flexible hours (some work can be done from home), approximately 7-10 hours a week. The Podium office is located at 320 Hull St., approximately 10 minutes from VCU. The campus connector stops 3 blocks away. Contact Vicki Yeroian, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply. Please submit a resume and copy of class schedule.