Spring 2019: Off Campus Student Services (Ram Pantry) - Marketing Intern
Dec 14, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Overview of Ram Pantry:
Off-Campus Student Services exists to assist students experiencing food and housing insecurity. These issues are a growing epidemic in the United States and can be linked to negative student outcomes in physical and mental health, financial insecurity and educational attainment. Off-Campus Services works with students to provide a wide range of services in an effort to mitigate these negative outcomes.
Job Duties for Intern:
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to assist our unit in its primary and administrative duties. The intern will be expected to be familiar with the ins-and-outs of university protocols as they relate to all areas of marketing (to include advertising, website monitoring/maintenance, social media platforms, as well as promotional materials and distribution of the same.
Overall, the intern will assist in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist OCSS administration and staff in organizing marketing projects
- Conduct marketing research and analyze consumer rating reports/questionnaires
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, etc.)
- Create and update Excel spreadsheet(s) highlighting statistical data as it relates to the effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Assist in organizing promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and (if possible) attend them to ensure their success
- Assist with preparing (and possibly delivering) promotional presentations when requested by VCU faculty
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Working knowledge of market research techniques
- Above-average to proficient knowledge of MS Office
To Apply email resume/cover letter to Felicia Dixon at email@example.com.