Spring 2019: Museum of Science - Marketing Intern (PAID)
Dec 3, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Intern assists with day-to-day activities in the department, which will range from assisting with media relations and publicity, advertising, content development, social media and more. This may include fielding requests for Museum information or assets, assisting with event logistics, helping to maintain the media contacts database, pitching niche media, and writing/editing press releases and media pitches, creating social media posts, email and web content, flyers and brochures.
- Help write or edit press releases and media pitches
- Assist with requests for museum information, photos, or assets
- Assist with events, including collateral development, invitations, signage etc.
- Update and grow press contacts database - Update web materials
- Assist with email marketing
- Assist with social media content creation including occasional live coverage at events
- Industry analysis, research, and assisting with presentations
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Good organizational, speaking, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to take directions and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Marketing, Public Relations or Communications major preferred
Length of Internship:
Winter/Spring 2019 (January-December)
8-15 hours a week, primarily during normal business hours 9 to 5 (except events)
$12.00 & $12.25 hourly
Intern benefits include free parking in the Museum garage, close proximity to the Green Line, free admission, discounts in the Museum store and café and much more!
clink this link (or copy this link) to Apply!