Spring 2019: Hopewell Downtown Partnership Marketing and PR Internship
Feb 12, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Hopewell Downtown Partnership (HDP) is a non-profit community development organization focused on the revitalization of Hopewell’s historic downtown district. In 2011, the HDP became a designated Main Street program joining over 2000 communities across the country who implement the Main Street 4-Point Approach. This program blends historic preservation with economic to help preserve the cultural core and character of historic neighborhood commercial districts across the country. Downtown Hopewell is quickly becoming a cultural, entertainment, dining, and shopping destination thanks to the Main Street program and volunteers across the community.
- Researching and writing basic news releases and public service announcements for regional distribution.
- Act as a liaison between downtown business owners and the Executive Director
- Assist in creating press kits for major events.
- Update website with new events, business information, and blog postings; manage social media accounts
- Work with the Executive Director to plan and implement numerous downtown events, festivals, and retail promotions.
- Help develop sponsorship and fundraising materials for the organization and identify possible sources of funding.
- Possible grant research and wiring in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Candidate should have strong writing skills. Knowledge of journalism and PR are helpful.
- Ability to work on computers or the ability to learn the software quickly.
- Should be prepared to work in a business casual environment.
- Ability to work on deadline.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Outgoing and able to communicate effective
- Understanding community development principles
- Non-profit organization outreach and marketing.
- How to write to encourage news coverage and create public interest.
- Working alongside business owners, partner organization, and local government