Spring 2018: Virginia Retirement System (VRS) - Communications Specialist/Analyst (PAID)
Dec 13, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS), located in historic downtown Richmond, Virginia, has an immediate need for a creative communicator to help produce innovative, engaging and tech-forward communication for internal audiences and stakeholders now until June 2018.
The successful candidate will contribute their creative ideas and their strong writing and hands-on design skills in support of agency projects and programs by writing and designing a high volume of communication products in a fast-paced environment including; email, intranet (web) content, digital signage, video/multimedia, small publications and other professional business communication as needed (presentations, communication plans, etc.)
The candidate also will help support new communication technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of AP style writing and sound copy editing principles
- Good organizational skills to see projects through to completion
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite design or similar programs
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- High capacity to learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to excel on a team as well as independently
- Small group presentation skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in public relations, communication, marketing, journalism or other closely-related field (upperclassman or graduate student preferred)
Hourly pay rate: $17 per hour
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a temporary/wage position which will run until June 2018 (the end of the academic year); therefore, benefits are not provided. Selected candidate will work about 20 hours per week.
A design sample or a link to your portfolio is required to apply. A writing sample will be administered if selected for an interview.
Contact Larand Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
An EEO/ADA Employer An Independent State Agency