Spring 2018: Virginia Press Association - Multimedia Design & Content Intern (Deadline Jan. 12)
Jan 8, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Press Association is seeking a multimedia design and content intern . The intern will work directly with the VPA’s communications manager and director of member services on multiple projects , with the major project being to help design materials for VPA ’s annual conference and contest in April.
We are seeking individuals with the following skillset :
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Exce l.
• Experience designing and preparing engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals .
• Demonstrated ability to work with multi - media embedded into PowerPoint , including photos and videos .
• Ability to meet deadline s.
• Ability to manage the process of design from concept to completion, including proofing for accuracy .
• Detail - oriented individual who reviews work carefully .
• Knowledge and i nterest in VPA’s mission .
Expected to work 1 0 - 15 hours per week. Fle xible scheduling with possibility of working some of the time off site . This internship is paid and will require one weekend of work (April 13 - 1 4) in support of our annual conference . Class credit is available .
Please submit a resume and three samples of your design work to
by Friday, January 12 th .
About the Virginia Press Association
The mission of the Virginia Press Association is to support our membership through responsive services and resources. We champion the common interests of Virginia newspapers and the ideals of a free press in a democratic society.