Spring 2018: Virginia Impact Investing Forum (VIIF) - Social Media/PR Intern
Dec 13, 2017
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Impact Investing Forum (VIIF) is a network of leaders in business, government and non-profit committed to growing impact investing in Virginia. We formed to further the understanding and support for Impact Investing within the investor and philanthropic community and to increase impact investments in the Commonwealth.We join a broad network of stakeholders and partners seeking to grow a vibrant impact ecosystem. VIIF is a partnership between NRV and Virginia Community Capital (“partner organizations). As a partnership between two organizations, we are in need of a contractor to operate day-to-day operations of the partnership including but not limited to event management and planning, support to the advisory board, communications planning and execution including VIFF’s online presence and development of other organizational opportunities and priorities.
Support Executive Director and high-level Advisory Board in building a strong communications/events/pr strategy for the Virginia Impact Investing Forum (VIIF.)
- Assist with creating strategies for outreach, education, and advocacy to establish and educate about who and what VIIF does and is.
- Assist with building and creating communication/pr/media plan for VIIF, including board, taskforce, constituency database as audiences.
- Build and manage social media platforms/strategy for communications and digital platform.
- Best Practices Research: Impact Investing, Social Entrepreneurship and related industry topics and best practices. Summarize for discussion, dissemination and/or presentation.
- Assist with building presentations for various engagements, round tables, editorial opportunities.
- Scheduling and tracking speaking engagements/appearance opportunities.
- Event logistics and planning.
- Attendance and note-taking at Working Group and Advisory Board meetings.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a month for 6 months
Qualifications: Thoughtful organizational and strategic skills. Genuine desire to do good work in the startup space and build an organization from the ground up. Mature approach to time-management and respect for deadlines. Excellent writing skills. Ability to think creatively and work hard. Excellent knowledge of digital communications. Interest in social entrepreneurship, impact investing, social enterprise a plus.
Compensation: Course credit and expenses
Workplace: Office available as needed…mostly offsite/remotely with weekly checkins with Executive Director.
Apply: Email Frazier Millner Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "VIIF Intern Resume".