Spring 2018: VCU College of Humanities & Science - Social Media Intern
Dec 7, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Social Media Intern Position Description
The College of Humanities and Sciences is accepting applications for an enthusiastic student intern with a passion for social media and a talent for creating engaging content. The successful candidate will need to think strategically and create content that promotes awareness of the College of Humanities and Sciences and increases our engagement on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with experience designing and implementing a social media strategy.
This unpaid internship requires strong writing, grammar, spelling, organizational skills, and self-motivation. The internship must be done for course credit.
- Analyze our current social media presence and develop strategies to increase our reach and engagement.
- Work directly with the College’s director of communications and event and marketing coordinator to implement social media strategies. The intern will report to the event and marketing coordinator.
- Create posts about the College’s news and events regularly along with other relevant content to enhance our brand and promote awareness of the College.
- Keep accurate records about what events have been posted our social media platforms.
- Develop a set of goals and metrics for frequency of posting, types of posts, and growth of engagement across our social media platforms, and update those metrics quarterly.
- Candidate should be a junior or senior in Public Relations with a 3.0 or greater GPA
- Candidate should have significant experience with multiple social media platforms
- Candidate needs to be organized and detail oriented
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work on deadline
- A smartphone with access to Instagram and a camera
- Proficiency in Photoshop
Other desired qualifications
- Familiarity with Hootsuite
- General photography skills
How to Apply:
- Please submit your résumé, two writing samples, and two references to Gregg Johnson, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Social Media Intern.”