Spring 2018: The Broadberry - Marketing / Events / Graphic Design / Social Media Interns
Dec 13, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Broadberry’s internship program:
This position supports the Private Events spectrum as well as high focus on marketing and branding. Assisting with day of management during shows and events will play a part as well. The interns will be selected to coordinate various events, apply the proper research and communication efforts with several organizations in the Richmond Community, and manage day to day administration tasks. Brand development and messaging will play a large role in the hands-on effort through digital media and all forms of mass communications. The intern will complete 150 credit hours.
• Create and implement a community and business outreach strategy, including managing and organizing spreadsheets and building awareness and support of current events and charitable functions we could host.
• Develop and organize online strategies with a focus on specific demographics and target markets
• Work with Marketing Director to develop public information materials, presentations and displays; Including contributing to newsletters, media/new media outreach and website content.
• Organize and participate at community outreach activities and networking events to educate the broader community about The Broadberry, our events and projects.
• Maintain the brand “SquadBerry” via social media and on-site presence during shows interacting with patrons and staff and artists
• Respond to inquiries and brief staff on potential leads, organizing meetings and consultations.
• Graphic Design for: Print, Web, Media and PR
• Social Media: writing blogs, maintaining twitter, snapchat, IG, and facebook
• Manage and implement a routine street-team for promotional efforts
• Expected 15-20 hours per week
The intern will learn to multitask, work in a very time-sensitive atmosphere, organize calendars and meetings, write proposals, and actively assist in managing events behind the scenes.
The Broadberry is looking to hire a minimum of six interns to work specifically for the following teams:
Private Events | Marketing/Promotions | Digital Marketing/Social Media | Graphic Design
Please contact Erin Brennan to apply,
Erin Brennan, Marketing Director & Events Manager
The Broadberry | 804 353 1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org