Spring 2018: The Broad - Events & Public Relations Intern (Deadline Jan. 31)
Jan 8, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Title: Events & Public Relations Intern Application Deadline: 1/31/18
Timeframe: 1/31/18 - 5/15/18
Position: Part-time (minimum 8 hrs/week), Unpaid
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Broad is looking for a part-time events and public relations intern to help launch its community space in downtown Richmond. The Broad is a female-focused community center where we can learn from each other, a workspace where we can get it done, and a clubhouse where we can connect IRL - a place that exists to make more space for women in Richmond, in our community, and in our world.
A space to take a meeting over coffee, catch up with a friend with a glass (or two) of wine, put in some work during the 9-5, get your yoga on in our weekly classes, enjoy a workshop or a panel on art or money or flower arranging or love - because we are multifaceted people in a multifaceted world and it's totally cool to be into astronomy AND astrology, curious about super serums AND the supernatural, and invested in the stock market AND the outcome of Bachelor In Paradise.
The Broad is looking for a part-time Events and Public Relations intern to help launch and kickoff the space in the Richmond community.
● Working with the founder to help plan, execute and complete follow-up work to all events held during the term (1-2 per week)
● Researching and securing vendors and programming partners or speakers for events
● Creating pre, day-of and post timelines for The Broad and external vendors
● Developing a comprehensive press strategy for notable events
● Drafting press pitches
● Drafting target pitch lists
● Executing outreach and securing press placements for notable events
● Collaborating with Marketing Intern to promote and document events
Key Qualities Include:
● Highly self-motivated and attentive to detail.
● Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
● Interested in promoting a positive professional community and culture
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
● Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/31/18 with the subject line “Application for Events & Public Relations
Internship - Spring 2018”
● In the email include your resume, number of hours available per week and days each week you are available
● The Broad Contact Information:
○ Phone: 707-60-BROAD
○ Address: 209 N Foushee Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220