Spring 2018: The ARTisan Cafe - Marketing Intern
Feb 1, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The ARTisan Cafe is committed to providing a platform which reflects the diversity of the bustling arts movement. Our artisans are local, regional, and international artist - all with the same interest in continuing to grow their base, not only in their local cities, but also being a significant piece of the artistic and cultural pulse on a national stage.
Providing unique lifestyle events and a unique artisan cooperative - the ARTisan Cafe highlights handmade items and vendors providing items ranging from home decor, literary art, visual art, clothing, accessories, and personal care. Supporting the ARTisan Cafe means supporting the talent of independent artists and being part of a progressive and art-centric experience. Specifically, the ARTisan Cafe seeks to feature the works of underrepresented artists and undercapitalized entrepreneurs.
The ARTisan Café - Marketing Internship
• February 19, 2018 - June 1, 2018 (with a potential opportunity to extend) • Approximately 8 – 10 hours per week
• College Credit
• Telework position; Occasional travel (10 – 20 miles max) to local city venues to promote the ARTisan Café; etc.
Melody Short - 212.518.4776 | email@example.com Adrienne Cole - 804.874.4045 |firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for multiple aspects of marketing the ARTisan Café to its target market, City of Richmond, VA personnel, local organizations, and artists. In addition you will be responsible for administrative tasks as well to include database maintenance, website updates, maintaining vendor applications, preparing various correspondence, social media management, etc.
• Manage social media marketing efforts • Manage promotional efforts
• Creation of marketing collateral
• Manage monthly invoicing to artisans
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified
• Basic Desktop Publishing and Website Management skills (e.g.: Microsoft
Publisher, Adobe PageMaker / Photoshop, etc.)
• Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
• Desire to be apart of a startup company that will give opportunity to local entrepreneurs and artists as well as change the face of retail in downtown Richmond.
This internship will train you in several aspects of small business & special events
marketing. You will gain direct “hands on” experience in the aforementioned areas while developing an understanding of the marketing functions that support a small businesses and the local arts movement.