Spring 2018: Office of Delegate-Elect Karrie Delaney - Communications Intern (Deadline Dec. 22)
Dec 13, 2017
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Delegate-Elect Karrie Delaney of the 67th District seeks interns for the 2018 Virginia General Assembly Session.
Position Title: Session Intern, Unpaid
Internship Period: January 10th – March 13th (start and end dates may be flexible)
Location: Richmond, VA
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 15-20 hours a week
The Session Intern will work directly under the Legislative Aide during the entirety of the 2018 General Assembly, and will support the Office of Delegate-Elect Karrie Delaney in a variety of ways. Session interns must have basic knowledge of the state legislative process and interest in learning more. They must also be critical and innovative thinkers. Duties and tasks assigned to the intern may vary on their expertise and/or major.
Intern responsibilities include drafting constituent letters, drafting newsletters, attending committee hearings, writing policy briefs, policy research, answering phones, recording constituent data, data entry, updating databases, greeting constituents, general office duties, and other duties as assigned.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate students, or recent graduates
- Be able to work 15-20 hours a week
- Have excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Be able to perform the essential job functions outline above
- Be able to work collaboratively with other team members
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover-letter and resume to Denver Supinger, Legislative Ade at DelegateKarrieDelaney@gmail.com by December 22, 2017.