Spring 2018: Loose Screw Tattoo - Art/Design/Marketing Intern
Feb 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
An exciting art/design/marketing internship opportunity at a high-end, custom art tattoo studio and art gallery. Located in the heart of Richmond's eclectic Carytown, Loose Screw Tattoo is the brainchild of internationally recognized artist and VCU alumni, Jesse Smith. The studio is unique for being home to some of the best custom tattoo artists worldwide.
We are looking for passionate, and energetic students for a part-time internship position assisting the daily operations at Loose Screw Tattoo. Open to all Business, Communications, and Fine Arts majors, Communications Arts preferred.
- Minimum 180 total hours commitment two days a wek within gallery/shop hours.
- Outoing, trustworthy, discrete, matrue, and responsible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess multi-tasking and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective and ability to prioritize.
- Works well within a team or independently as needed takes direction well.
- Passion for art, actively involved in the art community.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
What You Will Learn:
- Assist in shop/gallery daily operations and special events.
- Create compelling content for website, blog, and social media channels.
- Liaison between clients and resident artists.
- Assist wiwth research and development of any business needs.
- Assist in developing advertising/marketing ideas from concept to completion.
- Handle packaging/shipping of valuable artwork.
Any previous knowledge of the below listed is strongly preferred: Adobe Photoshop, Social Media Outlets (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube), Apple iOS, MS Office Suite, Academic Writing, Wordpress, Google Drive, Branding Knowledge, Typography, adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact, basic HTML.
Send a cover letter and resume to Chris Gray, Artist Manager via email at email@example.com, or stop by at 3313A W. Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23221.