Spring 2018: Henrico Humane Society - Social Media / Content Specialist
Jan 8, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
HHS seeks two enthusiastic, creative and accountable interns to manage its social media and web accounts. Reporting to Krystle Waldron, this intern will help create engaging content across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other platforms to raise funds, increase volunteerism, and promote animal placement.
- Create and optimize content for all HHS social platforms based on a strategic communications plan
- Generate, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful relationships, including photos and videos for use on social platforms.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Writes weekly summaries of social media activity to be shared at board meetings
- Write meaningful messages that promote fundraising, volunteerism and adoption
- Monitors all social media accounts for comments, questions and general communication
- Monitors the Brand of HHS using Google Analytics
- Will be required to interact with animals for content generation
- May require some travel to events to take photos, live videos and write content
- Minimum introduction to graphic design, photography and videography
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Proven knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms and managing social media accounts for large audiences
- Knowledge of digital media trends and emerging platforms
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- Must be completing a Bachelor's degree in good standing at an accredited University
- Solid communication skills, the ability to listen and collaborate with teams.
- Must reside in Richmond
- Telecommute hours required