Spring 2018: Community Food Collaborative - Communications & Marketing Intern
Dec 13, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Position: Communications and Marketing Intern
Description: Community Food Collaborative is seeking an ambitious, organized, and dynamic person to assist a fast growing agriculture and education nonprofit in communicating our programs across multiple print and social media channels as well as in-person community outreach events.
- Curate and maintain social media presence including daily Instagram and Facebook posts, Facebook events
- Assist in planning and creating monthly newsletter
- Collaborate with program partners to draft, distribute, and present activities, events, and news releases
- Create graphic design, posts, prints, flyers, and evites for activities and events hosted Community Food Collaborative farms
- Engage community stakeholders through organization website
- Assist with organizing, facilitating, and documenting regular communications and marketing meetings with Community Food Collaborative staff and partners
- Partner with Executive Director to schedule, organize, and staff regular community outreach events to promote our agriculture, education, environmental education, and food security programs
- Proficient knowledge and practical experience of critical communications tools including Instagram, Facebook, Squarespace, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Eventbrite
- Previous marketing or communications related experience preferred
- Must be organized and show working knowledge of project management tools
- Must enjoy working in a dynamic, diverse environment where needs evolve around new mission-aligned opportunities
- Must show strong, creative, professional oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation is as vital detail orientation
- Ideal candidate will quickly understand the mission and programs of Community Food Collaborative and strive to be an enthusiastic ambassador
Start Date: Position opens January 21 until closed. Position is open for Spring and Summer semesters
Hours: 8-15 hours per week
Compensation: The intern position is unpaid but receives a weekly fruit and vegetable share of $20 value. Opportunity for future full employment is afforded to extremely strong interns.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Food Collaborative is a dynamic and community-driven 501(c)(3) nonprofit Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals of all race, faith, ability, and identity are encouraged to apply.