Spring 2017: SAWM Imports & Despensa of Spain - Social & Digital Media Intern
Nov 8, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
SAWM IMPORTS, LLC is a Spanish Wine & Food Importer based in Richmond, VA.
DESPENSA OF SPAIN, LLC is an online retail store selling Gourmet Foods imported by
SAWM IMPORTS also based in Richmond, VA
SOCIAL AND DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN - JOB DESCRIPTION
The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the development of SAWM
IMPORTS & DESPENSA OF SPAIN’S online community. The intern will maintain both
companies presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish
content that is relevant to our customer base. He/she will regularly analyze and report
on the activity on social media networks as well as the update the companies websites.
He/she will also assist in maintaining both companies archive of digital images, videos,
and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events
or sales through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the
tools used to assess their performance.
• Updates and manages Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and any other relevant
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with both
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant
to our customer base and posts it to both companies Social Media pages in a manner
that invites conversation and interaction.
• Updates Social Media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other
content from both companies activities and events.
• Grows both companies online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Uploads photos and videos to the DropBox account.
• Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports
on “social media best practices”.
• Completes other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on both companies websites.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on both companies Facebook
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on both companies Twitter pages.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or
strategies to optimize reach.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in
Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software,
and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop or equivalent tools a plus.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited
to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
• Available to work 10-15 hours per week(time available is negotiable).
This is a part-time internship and we require that you use your own computer to
complete internship projects and tasks. While the internship is unpaid, we can provide a
stipend to cover any work-related expenses. Candidates should maintain a positive
attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a range of personalities.
Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks.
This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, online retail, wine,
food, community relations, and audience development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com