Spring 2017: Red Orange Design - Graphic Design Intern
Nov 30, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships
Red Orange Studio is looking for interns for Spring, Summer and Fall 2017. This internship comes with college credit (if needed) and a small stipend. Interns are expected to work an average of 10-15 hours per week. You must be proficient in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Must have a strong portfolio with good understanding of design, page layout, and concept development. Must be well organized and maintain a high grade point average. Should have strong illustration skills for development of logos. Web design (and WordPress integration) knowledge/experience a plus. Photography skills also a plus. Please do not apply unless you have the time to dedicate to this opportunity.
• Assist with general design tasks and edits
• Assist with concepts for client marketing campaigns and logo designs
• Create designs based upon direction of Creative Director or Senior Designer
• Export client logo file variations
• Assist with Red Orange special projects (redorangedesign.com)
• Sentara Healthcare promotional items, awareness campaign collateral, conference brochures, patient education materials
• HealthSavings Administrators marketing materials
• Richmond Weddings Magazine Publication and Website Design
• Support lead designers with graphics for various websites
• Design of logos, graphics, layouts, publications and edits to existing materials as needed or requested
• Updating Red Orange Design website, blog, e-newsletter and facebook page
• Be self-disciplined – come to work on time (schedule to be discussed based on class schedule or studio needs).
• Intern will be responsible for using his/her own computer and software. CS6 preferred.
• Be on time for appointments. If running late, call ahead of time.
• Meet all deadlines.
• Communicate honestly and openly about ideas, concerns, questions, summer schedule.
• Have a willingness to learn and don’t be afraid of making a mistake.
• Take notes (keep a journal/sketchbook).
• Check email at least twice a day and reply to emails promptly.
• Work from offi ce 2-3 days a week (3-4 hour increments).
• Must have stellar attention to detail.
• Must work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of this fun, creative team, please contact Venus Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send a letter of interest, a pdf of your resumé and a link to your portfolio.
The goal for our interns is that they gain a wide range of experience on different types of design projects, get exposure to a fast-paced studio environment and walk away with at least one solid portfolio piece.
ABOUT RED ORANGE DESIGN
Red Orange Studio, LLC is a graphic design company started in 2005 by Red Orange Studio’s Creative Director and President, Susie Fife. Located in the Shockoe Design District in downtown Richmond, Virginia and serving people and businesses all over the country, we create unique and effective web and print media and emphasize visual communication and problem solving. Susie graduated summa cum laude from Virginia Commonwealth University with a BFA in Communication Art & Design. Susie was also a scholarship athlete on the VCU women’s basketball team. Her experience as an athlete gave her a competitive spirit that pushes her to perfection with every project. She is a team player who is able to collaborate with other professionals to achieve maximum project value for her clients.
In 2012, Jolinda Smithson joined the Red Orange team as a full-time Graphic Designer. She graduated magna cum laude from Virginia Commonwealth University in Communication Arts & Design and was a thrower for Women’s Track and Field. She has worked in a variety of industries in the Richmond area as a production artist, graphic designer and web designer.
Kristy May, a seasoned web and print designer, joined the team in late 2015. A graduate of VCU Graphic Design, she has years of experience providing design solutions with an emphasis on high-end marketing materials in the financial industry.
We are a growing company with a project manager and web developer on staff. We collaborate with copywriters, marketing agencies, video production artists, freelancers and print vendors on a weekly basis.