Spring 2017: GRTC - Pulse Project - Marketing & Public Relations Intern
Dec 8, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
GRTC Transit System in Richmond, Virginia seeks support to some components of marketing and public relations for the Pulse Project, and assists in the day - to - day operations of the Marketing Department. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely and relevant.
WHO MAY APPLY
This position is open to all GRTC employees and the general public.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply online at www.ridegrtc.com.
8:00AM- 4:30PM, Monday thru Friday with some off hour work involved
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must provide availability one month in advance, and be flexible for early morning and evening work. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing communications strategies, programs, plans and campaigns for the Pulse.
- Assist with creating Pulse literature and other forms of communication.
- Proofread, edit, and revise communications.
- Assist the Marketing Department with the calendar of projects and events, and follows up with department members assuring adherence to project deadlines.
- Assist with scripts and audio recordings, using audio editing software.
- Assist with graphic creation, design, and layout.
- Assist with scheduling and talent coordination for video/photo shoots.
- Assist Marketing Department with daily operations and projects as needed, including promoting new services, marketing current services, promoting niche marketed services, and all aspects of electronic media for the Pulse.
- Documents daily content and layout management of Pulse web pages.
- Check for daily Pulse media coverage
- Assist with implementing social media strategies for the Pulse.
- Assist with coordinating and organizing Pulse promotional and educational events such as press conferences, interviews, exhibitions, public meetings/appearances, tours and visits.
- Take pictures of the company at Pulse events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Other Pulse duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant completed college coursework will suffice
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Prior experience with marketing or project coordination and or administrative experience preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience using Expression Engine or similar Content Management System preferred
- Experience using a digital camera and editing digital photos preferred
- Experience coordinating talent and volunteers for photos and video shoots preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to complete projects on time
- Knowledge of marketing concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of basic graphic and web design
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. They include: sitting, standing, kneeling, lifting, walking and use of hands/fingers.
A pre-employment drug screening will be required