Fall 2021: Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth - Communications Intern (PAID)
Aug 10, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The communications intern will work with the Marketing Department staff to support online, digital, and promotion responsibilities for the Rev Your Bev campaign and the FeedVA website.
The communications intern will ideally have training or education in marketing and campaign development, behavior change theory, health promotion, disease prevention, nutrition and dietetics, or exercise science.
Work will take place in a hybrid virtual and physical environment and a parking pass will be issued to access the
VFHY Richmond office.
Rev Your Bev:
- Data compilation and analysis of event registration and post-event survey collection
- Assist with campaign toolkit registration and provide customer service to registrants
- Develop presentations and email flyeres for the Early Childhood Education stakeholders
- Identify resources for the campaign website and social media
- Assist with evaluation of campaign events, materials, and communications
- Create social media copy and graphics and develop annual social media calendar
- Update the funding opportunities resources weekly
- Generate creative content for the quarterly email newsletter
- Maintain the resources page inventory and update with new resources
- Develop evaluation plan for FeedVA website and additional projects
- Maintain the annual communications calendar with the Public Relations department
- Attend relevant meetings with the Marketing Specialist with external partners and Foundation's contractor meeings
- Update the intern orientation binder
- Research campaign specific topics and develop findings report
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas and judging what will appeal to target audiences
- Exceptional writing ability and experience writing social media copy
- Ability to collect and synthesize information from diverse sources
- Must be creative and resourceful
- Must be able to multi-task
- Experience using social media: Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, TikTok, Twitter
- Skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive
- Familiar with using WordPress
- Graphic Design
- Able to complete a literature review and analysis
- Evaluation (survey analysis, campaign performance metrics, process evaluation, etc.)
Stipend: This 16 week* internship offers a $500n to be paid at the completion of the internship.
*The amount of the stipend can be subjected to number of hours completed, please contact us for more information.
Note: It is recommended that the intern supply their own computer however one can be made available if necessary.
Please send resumes and a cover letter to Hannah Robbins Bruce to email@example.com