Fall 2021: VCU College of Health Professionals - PR Intern - Programming & Recruitment (PAID)
Aug 23, 2021
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Name of Business
Virginia Commonwealth University, College of Health Professions
Dean’s Office, Student Success
Type of Internship: Public Relations
Paid ($12 per hour), 15-20 hours per week
Primary responsibilities of this position:
● Manage event logistics, including: dietary needs; set up and clean up; ordering of food; reserving rooms within CHP; and management of registration.
● Promote programs on campus, including: social media, campus marketing systems (AxisTV), CHP department message boards, and explore other opportunities for campus advertising.
● Collaborate with the Director of Recruitment and Student Programs to design graphics and/or illustrations for social media content.
● Provide administrative support for the CHP mentorship program.
● Communicate professionally to internal and external members of CHP.
● Maintain inventory of swag items.
● Prepare marketing materials, like flyers and posters, for on-campus marketing.
● Social media engagement to include: monitor social media accounts weekly to connect with followers via questions, suggestions and inappropriate content; reply to comments, mentions and shares, and give these in turn where appropriate.
● Working on other projects, as assigned.
Currently enrolled (Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student).
Excellent writing and communications skills.
Attention to detail.
Independent & self-motivated.
Experience with social media platforms and campaigns.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
Strong interest in social media.
Experience providing assistance in the planning of specialized promotions and events.
Year-round, hours are flexible.
Who to Contact:
Chelsea Gary, email@example.com
Director of Recruitment and Student Programs
900 E. Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23298