Fall 2021: TechGirls - Social Media Intern (Deadline Aug. 2)
Jul 23, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Social Media International Exchange Internship with TechGirls September 7 – December 10, 2021
(Dates subject to adjustment and discussed during interviews.)
Legacy International is offering a 3.5-month internship. Put your skills to work to support the TechGirls youth exchange initiative. This is a fully remote virtual internship opportunity.
Our Company. Our Mission. Our Culture.
Legacy International equips emerging leaders to transform their values and vision into sustainable success. Our programs and services help people of all ages form collaborative teams around shared values, develop entrepreneurial mindsets and business models, promote social responsibility and lead to peaceful sustainable communities. Since 1979, projects and initiatives have involved professionals, community leaders, and youths from over 110 countries, with ongoing coaching and mentoring provided by Legacy’s Teams of Excellence. Legacy’s Founder, J.E. Rash, embodies social innovation and promotes creative thinking company wide.
Legacy is funded by multiple federal and private grants, fee-for-service income, gifts, and donations. Significant support comes from the U.S. Department of State. We have a relaxed dress code and flexible scheduling. Legacy’s headquarters are in Bedford, Virginia with additional employees working in the Washington, DC metro area and Richmond.
Work as part of the TechGirls team. TechGirls is an international summer exchange program designed to empower and inspire young women from the United States, Central Asia and the Middle East and North Africa to pursue careers in science and technology.
For a young professional interested in international exchanges, communications, and marketing, this internship offers a way to meaningfully contribute to a transformative project serving international youth. This is a great chance to see how deep, meaningful international exchanges are developed.
- Support Legacy’s social media team to gather and share alumnae stories • Begin promoting the 2022 TechGirls program. This may include creating visual and written content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using design tools such as Canva, developing and updating communication materials for alumnae, outreach materials for prospects and U.S. Embassies, communications with prospects and partners
- Design training materials, providing administrative and logistical support, and creating and distributing surveys and evaluations.
- Assist in alumnae engagement through designing weekly alumnae newsletters, quarterly updates and event support
- Support the application review and selection process of the 2022 TechGirls cohort utilizing an online dashboard portal system.
Successful interns in this role possess:
- social media and writing skills with an ability to utilize platforms such as Canva, Hootsuite and Mailchimp
- research capability
- strong organizational skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- an ability to work independently while also working collaboratively on a team given the remote nature of the position
Hours & Compensation.
Mondays through Thursdays, 20-hours/week. Schedule to be determined by mutual agreement and initially discussed during interviews. (There may be occasional hours on evenings and weekends also by mutual agreement to take advantage of learning opportunities that may present themselves.)
This is a volunteer position. As a temporary volunteer, the intern is not eligible for paid leave or health care benefits.
Virtual remote work
- Ability to effectively communicate via varied communications platforms used in planning and executing virtual exchanges (Google Suite/ Docs, Drop Box, Zoom, Skype Instant Messenger, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and participants, and to provide necessary instruction as needed.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to support complex events.
- Familiarity with learning management systems preferred but not required
TO APPLY: send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “TechGirls Internship” in subject line. Deadline to apply: August 2, 2021
Legacy International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks qualified applicants to represent diverse geographical, ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds. Our goal is to select the most qualified leaders for each program. The competitive standards are set by each group of applicants. Only applicants meeting required qualifications for the position will be considered.