Fall 2021: Rebuilding Together Richmond - Public Relations Intern
Aug 10, 2021
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Description of Organization
Rebuilding Together Richmond (RT RVA) is a regional affiliate of the national Rebuilding Together organization. We fulfill our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and rebuilding lives by providing critical home repair services to homeowners in need. These repairs are provided year-round by professional contractors and twice per year at our Fall Fix-Up and National Rebuilding Month Volunteer Days of Service.
Type of internship
- Promoting Our Fall Fix-Up and National Rebuilding Days of Service
- Creating Content for Social Media, E-Newsletter, and Website
- Assisting in the planning of our 30th Anniversary Celebration
- Intern can be either a Junior or Senior
- The candidate should demonstrate strong writing skills
- Applicants should also be highly organized and knowledgeable and be able to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere
- Intern must be able to take initiative and remain proactive in the workplace
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Word and have some knowledge of Excel and online communications and social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Constant Contact, or similar platforms a bonus
Ideally, this position would be a mixture of the two; however, we are flexible and open to discussion.
How far from campus
We are conveniently located 4.3 miles from the student commons. Access to a vehicle is not required but would be helpful during volunteer build day activities.
Who to Contact
Amy Capistran (Mass Comm Class of 2006)
How to Contact
Please contact via email only at email@example.com. Please include a resume and two writing samples (include graphic design/social media examples if available but not required).
This internship is an unpaid position; we require a minimum of 15 hours per week and can be used toward class credit.