Fall 2021: Cristo Rey Richmond High School - Communications Intern
Aug 23, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
POSITION: Communications Intern
SCHEDULE: 8-10 hours/week (remote options possible)
SUPERVISOR: Advancement Coordinator
EMPLOYER: Cristo Rey Richmond High School
The Communications Intern supports the Advancement team. Duties include maintaining social media accounts, printed and digital materials, and assisting with PR and community engagement efforts. Strong technological and software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communications skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Assists with general design projects for printed and digital materials for the school.
● Assists with producing and implementing a social media plan (i.e. regularly post/push content).
● Assists with public relations activities (i.e. writing press releases, researching and reaching out to
● Assists with management of digital archives for images and videos.
● Supports Advancement team with special projects.
● Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Cristo Rey Richmond.
● Sensitivity to the ethnic, cultural, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
● Excellent communication skills, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff,
students, donors, trustees, school administration.
● Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn).
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
● Working knowledge of graphic design (includes Canva and Photoshop).
● Basic photography skills a plus.
● Ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, and a desire for continuous improvement
and openness to feedback.
SALARY: Course credit available
WORKING CONDITIONS: Occasionally, time will be required for night and weekend meetings and events.
Who to Contact
Dani Brown, Advancement Coordinator,
304 N. Sheppard St. Richmond, VA 23221
How to Contact
- Contact by email
- Please send resume, 2 references, and 2 work samples showcasing your
photography, graphic design and/or social media skills (if possible, please
provide links to online/digital work)