Fall 2021: Burrant Chemical, LLC - Public Relations Intern
Jul 23, 2021
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Burrant Chemical LLC was established to provide the chemical industry with a technology outsourcing platform for analytical services and chemical product development. We are a technology driven organization continuing to push the envelope of innovative developments by assisting our customers in meeting their goals. This is accomplished through collaborations, partnerships, R&D contracting and a commitment to servicing companies interested in advancing their future.
We are currently working on developing a remediation method for the occurrence of harmful algae blooms that occur in our various water sources: ocean, lakes and ponds. The objective of this study is to develop an innovative method that is selective and has a minimal impact on the ecosystems.
General Job duties of Public Relations Interns:
* Support PR Manager in implementing the company’s PR strategy.
* Researching and writing news releases - highlighting breakthroughs in research. * Monitor media coverage on events, releases and social media.
* Support in creation and distribution of press releases.
* Build and update media lists and databases in the US.
* Aid the PR Manager with scheduling and organizing of events.
* General office and project support.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
* College student pursing Public Relations/Communications/Journalism Degree * Strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
This is an unpaid internship offered for academic credit. Must be available to work at least 10 hours per week. Interested applicants should email a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the internship outlining the Semester and hours needed; resume; two references and writing sample to:
BURRANT CHEMICAL, LLC
10109 Piper Lane, Suite 120
Bristow, Virginia 20136
Web Site: www.burrantchemical.com