Fall 2021: Beagles and Bentleys - Communications Intern
Aug 23, 2021
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Beagles and Bentleys rescues adoptable dogs from overcrowded and high-kill shelters where resources are severely limited. We offer a lifeline to as many of these wonderful pets as possible. Sadly, many of the animals that we take in are just days, sometimes hours, away from being euthanized for no reason other than lack of space. By finding these dogs permanent and loving homes in the Richmond area, we enrich lives — human and canine!
Lindsey Paisley, a Robertson School alumna, founded Beagles and Bentleys Dog Rescue in July 2021, and we are currently looking for a Communications Intern to help support our mission and grow our online following.
- Uploading graphics, photos and videos to our social media networks and website.
- Writing social media posts and other web content.
- Drafting profiles for adoptable dogs.
- Supporting the Executive Director on communications/public relations projects as needed.
- Creating graphics for web and social media use (if your skill set supports this).
- A love of dogs and a passion for animal rescue!
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations or a related field (or working toward this)
- The ability to work proactively, reliably, independently and efficiently.
- 10-15 hours/week. Candidate should be able to work remotely, and schedule is flexible.
- Full time internship can be discussed if candidate is interested in assisting in other parts of the rescue efforts (e.g., project management, event planning/staffing, rescue logistics, fundraising, data entry, etc.)
- Must have own laptop or computer
- Unpaid, for college credit only.
- You will develop your work portfolio, and collaborate with a Robertson School alumna!
Beagles and Bentleys has applied to become a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and hopes to achieve this status very soon. We are made up of a network of volunteers, and our operation is completed foster based, meaning that dogs are in volunteer foster homes, and we do not have a facility.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com. Include "Communications Internship" in the subject line.