Fall 2020: Saadia's Juicebox & Yoga Bar - Audio Editor / Sound Engineer
Aug 13, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Saadia's Juicebox & Yoga Bar is extending into audio and looking for an audio editor / sound engineer of podcasts. We are seeking an experienced audio engineer to work closely with the production team to produce and create new best-in-class podcast content across multiple genres. This is a chance to join a new and growing team, and build the audio initiative at Saadia's from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the delivery of high quality audio, and audio edit for continuity, content integrity, style, consistency, and structure
- Be responsible for overseeing recording sessions, identifying and integrating best pieces of tape, tape clean up and editing, and mixing and mastering
- Score and sound design across a variety of shows; source music and sound or compose original content
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the production team to develop compelling content and creative storytelling formats
- Work closely with producers on programming needs such as planning, producing, scripting, and editing
- Direct hosts/talent, and provide guidance, support and best practices to editorial teams and talent
- Provide guidance, support and best practices on studio, editing software, and field recording needs
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for good audio and inventive approaches to audio storytelling, and a track record for producing successful content
- A deep understanding of the level of engineering that is appropriate for each segment, and how to use a mix of narration, tape, ambi, music, and other audio assets to create the right emotional texture
- Experience working with a variety of audio formats - ability to edit two-way conversations or mix more complex segments for narrative storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple podcasts, quickly and expertly turnaround projects, and meet deadlines without compromising high production standards
- Strong editorial judgment, attention to detail and ability to deliver a polished final product
- Proficiency in editing and mixing skills, and strong understanding of audio tools (e.g., microphones, recorders, plugin’s for EQ, compression, denoising), technologies (e.g., ProTools, Adobe Audition), and standards (e.g., loudness)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- A passion for podcasting, and an understanding of Conde Nast’s iconic titles and ideas on how to leverage them into the world of audio
- Ability to score or create original sound and music (preferred)
Education and experience:
- 3+ years experience as a podcast sound engineer
- Technical expertise in ProTools, Adobe Audition, and Apple computers
- Knowledge of studio and field recording equipment, as well as connection methods such as ISDN and Comrex connections
- Experience working across a variety of genres such as culture, tech, lifestyle, and true-crime, and styles such as documentary-style, interview-style, narrative, and conversational (preferred)
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your application as soon as possible.
Saadia's is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary : Unpaid Internship