Fall 2020: Richmond on the Cheap - Print/Online Journalism Intern
Sep 14, 2020
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships
Name of Business: Richmond on the Cheap
Type of internship
Description of Organization
Richmond on the Cheap helps readers explore Richmond, Virginia, save money and have fun. Full of useful information for a local and farther flung audience, we are always looking for deals and discounts to help readers save money while enjoying life. Articles are disseminated through a newsletter, social media sites and website: http://www.rvaonthecheap.com
- Write articles.
- Truthfully report, fact check and interview articles.
- Pitch article ideas.
- Engage in the editing process with site editor.
- Interns have the opportunity to explore a beat/topic area as well as explore general assignment writing.
- Upon completion of internship, interns will come away with a professional, published writing portfolio.
- Interest in and/or experience writing, reporting, fact checking and interviewing.
- Must be curious, ethical, brave and possess a sense of justice.
- Must have writing skills including knowledge of grammar and AP style, impeccable spelling.
- Must have access to own computer, internet, transportation and phone.
- Must have knowledge of or interest in learning about the Richmond, Virginia area and be based here.
- Junior or Senior preferred.
Fall, spring and summer semesters.
How far from campus:
Who to Contact:
Send cover letter with references, resume and writing samples to:
Dina Weinstein, Richmond on the Cheap, editor and publisher
Subject line: ROTC internship application
How to Contact