Fall 2020: Career Maven Consulting - Social Media Intern (Remote - PAID)
Oct 16, 2020
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Career Maven Consulting is on a mission to help 1 million women own their career story, and operate as CEOs in their personal & professional lives. We do this by providing career & executive coaching, an empowering community, digital experiences designed to help them unlock the clarity and confidence to uplevel professionally. What we know to be true: changing a woman’s life has the power to change the life of their company, family, and community for the better. We are looking for some awesome team members to join us on this journey!
Position: Social Media Intern - Remote
Reports to: CEO/Founder
Career Maven Consulting is eager to hire a highly organized and engaged social media intern to support social media content development, scheduling, and research to support brand reach and engagement on key social media platforms (twitter, instagram, pinterest, facebook, and linkedin). The ideal candidate will be an advocate for career & professional development, women in leadership, and working (remotely) for a fast-growing start-up.
- Draft editorial content and create content calendars.
- Leverage existing brand voice for social media presence that resonates through short-form social copy, as well as longer-form (blogs) and highly visual assets, such as GIFs, memes, and videos.
- Engage with online audiences, as appropriate (listen, respond, engage).
- Support key performance indicators (KPIs), established benchmarks, and prepare regular analytics reports.
- Support social media & engagement business needs, including research, content design (Canva preferred), and scheduling (in Later or similar platform).
- Posting to social channels, including Instagram (feed and stories), Facebook (business page and private group), LinkedIn and Twitter. Scheduling posts and selecting photos to go with them (including writing social content on your own for review and approval).
- Responding to social media direct messages.
- Creating IG stories from storyboards.
- Seeking out information about our target market by reading what’s current in the industry.
- 1+ years of social media and/or agency experience with portfolio or equivalent experience to share.
- Experience creating graphics with Adobe Photoshop / InDesign and/or Adobe Spark and Canva*
- Hands-on social media brand experience in an academic or internship environment
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, with keen attention to detail
- Passion for all things social media, interest in emerging platforms and features that can help expand our reach with women interested in upleveling their personal & professional growth
- Eye for visual and engaging storytelling
- Works well in a startup environment with clear deliverables, and adept in pivoting between autonomous work and collaborative projects
THIS ROLE IS PERFECT FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- Can work alone and don’t need your hand held every step of the way.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Are super organized but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- Can handle direct & constructive feedback, and are eager to learn.
Pay equity is a guiding principle here at Career Maven Consulting. We don’t believe in free work. This is a paid internship opportunity [or] available for course credit exchange, depending on student interest and academic requirements of the academic institution providing course credit.
Compensation includes a competitive stipend for a 10-12 week internship engagement averaging 10+ hours a week.
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you - now it’s time to take action and apply!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please visit: https://forms.gle/7BcM4VqeyFbYB5xa8
We’re accepting applications through October 19th, 2020 (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates on a rolling basis, so we highly recommend applying if you have a strong interest).