Fall 2019: YWCA - Marketing & Communications intern (Deadline Aug. 30)
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Job Title: Marketing and Communications InternDepartment/Program: Development Team
Prepared By: Development and Communications Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP: To work within and assist the Development Team to promote YWCA programs and special events provided to the community.
REQUIREMENTS: A candidate must be an undergraduate student; graduate student; or have graduated from college within 12 months of beginning the internship. Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing or Graphic Design (not required).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create marketing ideas to enhance our programs and special events.
• Assist with mailings to donors, members and prospective donors.
• Assist with design of program brochures, flyers, logos, print ads and other marketing materials.
• Assist with social networking to include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Write news releases to promote upcoming events.
• Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Development and Communications Coordinator and Special Events Manager.
• Reliable, detail-oriented, creative individual looking to learn about non-profit fundraising and marketing.
• Prefer graphic design experience with flyers, brochures and marketing materials and social networking experience to include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect andconsideration regardless of their status or position.
• Observes safety and security procedures.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Email applications to email@example.com