Fall 2019: Wilson Center (DC) - Social Media Intern
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
POSITION: Social Media Intern
SALARY: Unpaid, but students may arrange to receive academic credit for their internship through their university
DATES: Start and end dates flexible
HOURS: 20-35 hours a week
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The communications department at the Wilson Center seeks an energetic and self-motivated student or recent graduate interested in public policy, international affairs, and digital communications for a social media internship this fall. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including business use of social media on various platforms. Interns will be responsible for contributing to social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, and supporting events.
Those looking to gain valuable social media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. These internships are designed to provide the opportunity to gain practical experience in an environment that combines academic study and public policy. Internships also provide opportunities to attend events within the Wilson Center and around Washington.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Create engaging social media content, include graphics
- Provide support to the communications team for events
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled in a degree program, recently graduated (within the last year), and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program within the next year.
- Have experience in social media/marketing.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have great attention to detail
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Have experience with social media analytics
- Have a basic knowledge of Photoshop, Canva, Pablo, or other similar tools
To apply, send your resume, and a cover letter describing how you can contribute to the communications team and what you are looking to gain from the internship. Please attach 3 - 4 examples of your best work on any social media platform. Clearly state what dates and times you are available to work in the fall semester.
Please submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "[Season] [Year] Internship" in the subject line (e.g. "Fall 2019 Internship").
The deadline is rolling. Applications are accepted until the positions are filled. Due to the high volume of resumes, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.