Fall 2019: VCU's Common Book Program - Communications Intern
Aug 12, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Virginia Commonwealth University’s Common Book Program (housed in the University College) is looking for a Communications Intern to work with the Common Book Director and members of the Common Book team to encourage audience engagement with the program and the yearly Common Book selection.
Duties will include content creation and curation and media management of the Common Book site and Twitter account. This position requires 10-15 hours of availability weekly. The internship is unpaid and offered for course credit through the Robertson School.
Report to and collaborate with Common Book Director, Common Book Coordinator or designee
Maintain activity on social media platforms (Twitter)
- Follow and update current content calendar
- Create new content calendars to suit CB objectives and ensure active online presence
- Share relevant and appropriate content from VCU accounts, community partners, etc.
- Engage with online audience by commenting, replying to comments, and sharing content
- Monitor platform analytics for baseline and evaluative data
- Keep webpages up-to-date with events, resources, photos, and other pertinent information
Content creation and curation
- Write up events and event promotions for posting on the website
- Take or obtain photos for photo gallery and Tweets
- Create graphics for use in Tweets
- Curate useful information from research and community partners
- Undergraduate student majoring in Public Relations
- Proficient with social media platforms such as Twitter, analytics programs, Rampages /
- Wordpress web functions, and content schedulers such as Hootsuite
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate on projects
Available 10-15 hours weekly
Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Dr. Felecia Williams, Director of the Common Book Program at email@example.com.