Fall 2019: VCU Office of Student Experience - Outreach & Social Media Intern
Aug 24, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Office of Student Experience (OSE) is seeking an Outreach and Social Media Intern who is passionate about social media and connecting with student populations. We’re looking for someone who is interested in gaining a valuable learning and work experience, build their portfolio and resume, and gain a better understanding of an organization’s social media and promotion needs.
As the Outreach and Social Media Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Director of the Office of Student Experience, take on individual projects and present creative marketing ideas.
This is an unpaid internship with a requirement of at least 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible and includes one weekend event: SCIE Ambassador Program Ropes Course at the University of Richmond on October 12.
Duties may include:
- Co-managing and creating content for the OSE’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Co-managing and creating content for the OSE’s MCV/Health Sciences weekly newsletter
- Conducting Social Media Content Analysis
- Recording, editing, and posting video of OSE programs to the OSE YouTube channel
- Must be currently enrolled as a VCU student.
- Have the ability to create well-written, helpful and informative work.
- Have knowledge of social media marketing.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Have the ability to present creative ideas to the team and take on individual projects.
- Knowledge of photo/video editing software is preferred, but not required.
To apply please send a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample (i.e. press release, term paper, blog, etc.) to Alena C. Hampton, Ph.D. via email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Hampton via email or by phone at 804.628.2660.