Fall 2019: The Valentine - Public Relations Intern (Deadline Aug. 8)
Aug 5, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Valentine seeks a highly motivated public relations intern to assist with a variety of projects ranging from basic social-media maintenance to assistance with one of the Valentine’s largest events of the year. Candidates should have a basic familiarity with Richmond history and be able to commit 12-15 hours per week.
Over the duration of the semester, the internship will require working with many departments of the museum including development, collections, public programs and visitor services. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend Museum events.
Duties may include the following:
- Work with the PR/Marketing director to develop creative and engaging social media content
- Draft social media content across platforms
- Draft and edit Valentine e-newsletters, press releases and media advisories
- Conduct research for external use
- Write and edit blog entries
- Assist with special events, specifically the Richmond History Makers & Community Update, and other administrative tasks
Wage & Hours: Unpaid Internship (school credit as relevant). Regular weekly hours are to be scheduled for the semester, with total hours totaling between 90 and 150.
Qualifications include excellent written and verbal communications skills, must know Microsoft Office; be comfortable with social media and learning new programs and have an interest in marketing, public relations and engaging with the public. Love of Richmond is a must.