Fall 2019: The Broad - Entrepreneurship & Business Intern (Deadline Aug. 23)
Aug 12, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Title: Entrepreneurship & Business Intern
Application Deadline: 8/23/19
Timeframe: Fall Semester 2019 - to begin on or before the week of Monday August 26th
Hours: 10-15 hours a week
Compensation: Credit only, unpaid
The Broad and you:
The Founder of The Broad is looking for an intern to help with a new venture in the health & wellness / hospitality space as we move from ideation to action.
You will work with an experienced founder and startup mentor responsible for the launch and management of The Broad, a workspace and social club in downtown Richmond that opened in February 2018. The founder has been recognized as one of Style Weekly’s 40 Under 40, a NAWBO Richmond Rising Star, and a Richmond Inno On Fire award winner.
The Broad has been featured in Architectural Digest as one of the best designed co-working spaces for womxn in the country - and was the first space of its kind in the state of Virginia.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of an innovative and creative business, right here in Richmond. You’ll work directly with those actually starting a business to see the nitty gritty work that goes into the process.
Responsibilities will include:
● Work directly with the Founder on special projects related to existing operations of The Broad
● Work directly with the Founder on research, financial projections, pitch deck preparation, and all needed tasks to
move from ideation to execution with a new concept in the health & wellness / hospitality space
Key Qualities include:
● Solution-centric collaborator with strong verbal and written communication skills
● Highly organized with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
● Highly self-motivated and attentive to detail
● Research capable and experienced with GSuite (especially Sheets / Excel)
● Interest in financial modeling and business accounting
● Passion for the health & wellness / hospitality industries
● Flexible - the internship will look different from week to week
● Ready to WORK - you get out what you put in at a startup!
● Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/23/18 5PM with the subject line “Application for Entrepreneurship
Internship - Fall 2019”
● In the email please include your resume and your class schedule / hours availability for Fall 2019