Fall 2019: The Autism Society Central Virginia - Development Intern
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
POSITION TITLE: Development Intern
TYPE OF POSITION: Unpaid internship; eligible for college credit
HOURS: Seasonal; Part-Time; Approximately 15-20 Hours / Week
The Autism Society Central Virginia (ASCV) seeks a part-time intern to support our fundraising events and initiatives. The Mission of the ASCV is to improve the lives of all affected by autism by maximizing the self-sufficiency, independence, and quality of life for all living with autism. The ASCV provides education, support services, and resources to individuals on the autism spectrum, their families, professionals, and the community. The ASCV hosts a variety of fundraising events and initiatives to fund its mission.
The Development Intern will assist in the planning and promotion of fundraising events and initiatives. Tasks vary seasonally, depending on upcoming events in the timeline. Our fall internships are heavily focused on planning elements for our Gala event in November, and our spring internship on our annual 5K & Family Fun Day in May.
- Coordinate logistical details for upcoming fundraising events and initiatives
- Fall: Manage auction and additional logistical elements for the November Gala o Spring: Manage logistical elements for the May 5K event
- Provide day-of-event support and leadership
- Recruit day-of-event volunteers, assign to tasks, and provide day-of guidance
- Assist with promotion of events through the creation and distribution of marketing materials and communications (to include print, social media, and email platforms)
- Conduct outreach to recruit new community partners and fundraising participants, to include local businesses, schools, and community organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned, including day-to-day operational support in the office
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter & Resume to Development@ascv.org. No phone calls please.