Fall 2019: Neighborhood Resource Center - Communications Intern
Aug 24, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
We build relationships, sharing resources, and developing skills to enhance lives in Greater Fulton. We are an educational and cultural center fostering personal growth and community change in Greater Fulton, an impoverished community in Richmond’s East End. We were formed in March 2002 as a response to the underlying conditions of low-educational attainment and poverty in the community.
General job duties of Communications Interns:
• Researching and writing basic news releases and public service announcements for community-wide distribution.
• Work under the direction of the Benefits Coach and NRC team to help meet the needs of our community-based organization
• Assist in researching, creating and scheduling programs
• Creating documents for major events
• Create and maintain a social media calendar
• Work with NRC team in executing PR events to generate coverage around programs.
• Provide support in social media, electronic and “snail-mail” campaigns.
• General office and project support for NRC team.
Qualifications applicants should possess:
• Candidate should have strong writing skills. Knowledge of journalism and PR are helpful.
• Ability to work on computers or the ability to learn the software quickly.
• Should be prepared to work in a business environment.
• Ability to work on a deadline.
• Ability to work alone as well as part of a team. Internship training includes:
• Conversational/broadcast news-style writing
• News release formats and AP style.
• How to write to encourage news coverage and create public interest.
This internship is offered year-round. Hours are flexible. This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should e-mail resume and two writing samples to:
Anika Richburg, Benefits Coach
The Neighborhood Resource Center of Greater Fulton
1519 Williamsburg Road, Richmond, VA 23231
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 804-864-5797