Fall 2019: MathScience Innovation Center - Social Media Intern
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Internship : We are looking for a Social Media Intern that will support our brand & creative marketing needs. This includes promoting the MathScience Innovation Center’s STEM education. This role will provide the opportunity to support students as they deepen their STEM experiences leading to increased social and economic vitality in the region.
You Need to Have:
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and strong internet search capabilities
- Experience managing personal social media including twitter, instagram, snapchat, facebook and/or a personal or professional blog a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to conduct research and input into a variety of databases
- Previous internships in Social Media or Public Relations a plus
- Assist with content calendars and social media marketing plans
- Assist with MathScience Innovation Center social media execution
- Support project management team with other duties as needed
- Conduct research to create concepts and funding leads
- Conduct web reporting and monitoring of social media accounts.
- Assist with email blasting and reporting.
- Identify important trends, measure performance against goals.
If you’re skilled, enthusiastic and want to learn, we’re looking for you. The Social Media Internship is an unpaid internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship.
Internship timeframe : Fall 2019 (September 2019 – December 2019) Weekly Internship Hours: 15 hours (Flexible)
Winter/Spring 2020 (January 2020- May 2020) Weekly Internship Hours: 15 hours (Flexible)
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION Please send an email with your resume (cover letter is suggested) attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: YOUR FULL NAME, Social Media Internship (Fall or Spring 2020).