Fall 2019: LEAD VIRGINIA - Marketing & Communications Intern
Sep 8, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
LEAD VIRGINIA is a nonpartisan, not for profit statewide leadership organization connecting leaders to shape the Commonwealth’s future (www.leadvirginia.org), located in Richmond, Virginia. We recognize the importance of integrating academic knowledge with real-world experience to maximize the value and breadth of a student’s education. The student will have the opportunity through an internship experience to observe and learn from real-life application of leadership theory and concepts as they apply to Virginia and her diverse regions and will meet business and community leaders from across the Commonwealth.
Lead Virginia has internship openings for Fall 2019 and Winter 2020
Summary of responsibilities (includes but are not limited to):
- Coordinate post across all social media channels
- Research articles on three themes of Economics, Healthcare and Education
- Update Facebook calendar and manage use Facebook event pages
- Monitor external post comments
- Create and Manage Facebook sub pages
- Record and edit video of current class to be shared on social media platforms
- Profile alumni by conducting structured interviews
- Record and edit video interviews
- Photograph various Lead Virginia alumni events
- Increase activity, attractiveness and utility
- Assist in the refresh of the website
- Update events calendar
- Update online alumni directory
LEAD VIRGINIA has four professional full-time staff: President & CEO; Director of Programs and Communications; Director of Administration and Director of Alumni Engagement. The intern will have the benefit of time spent with each staff member as part of the overall internship experience. The opportunity for some travel in the Commonwealth may be offered as part of the internship experience.
6800 Paragon Place, Suite 450
Richmond VA 23230
Apply: Email resume/cover letter to Kerrie Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.