Fall 2019: Department of Internal Medicine – Social Media and Marketing Intern
Jun 17, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Welcome to VCUHealth Internal Medicine! Our mission is simple - to train the well-rounded internist of the future: competent, caring, compassionate and confident in the practice of Internal Medicine. We focus on five pillars of competency in training – clinical, scholarship, teaching, leadership, resilience. By developing the essential knowledge, skills, and attitudes in all pillars, our graduates are well-prepared to take their next career steps whether entering practice, pursuing further degrees or training, or entering a specialty. Importantly, our residents will tell you that they are challenged daily in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a social media and marketing intern/s for Fall 2019. Interns need to be enthusiastic, motivated, self-starters. Candidates must be a junior or senior in a VCU program that compliments mass communications or marketing with an emphasis on public relations and/or advertising. Internship course credit is available through the Mass Communications program.
- Develop a social media strategy for the department and help manage social media accounts.
- Increase interaction and keep track of growth on all forms of department social media – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assist in the development of other marketing materials for the department.
- Assist in editing and putting together video recordings and podcasts.
- Assist with general office duties as assigned.
Successful candidates should have the following skills:
- Ability to work in a changing and fast paced environment, for a department that is undergoing growth and consistent change.
- Ability to work professionally with students, staff, faculty, and clients of the university.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to complete some tasks autonomously.
- Social media management and marketing experience.
- Proficiency with computers. Familiarity with basic computer software products such as MS Office, and the ability to easily learn new software products.
The Department of Internal Medicine is located on the 6th floor of the West Hospital Building at 1200 East Broad Street.
Please email your cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references to:
Ms. Saher Randhawa, Program Manager