Fall 2019: Created Portraits - Social Media Growth Strategist and Coordinator Intern
Jul 1, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Created Portraits is a sole proprietorship boutique photography studio owned and operated by photographer Ron Ferland and his wife Maryann. We are in Chester, Va about 30 minutes south of the VCU Richmond campus. We are a mobile studio offering on location and studio portrait sessions particularly for; Beauty, Family, Maternity, and high school Seniors.
Duties We are now looking to grow our presence and following on several social media platforms and target various segments of our market with posts, ads, events and other means to raise awareness of our business within those segments. (i.e. Seniors, Moms, Family, Maternity).
The Social Media Growth Strategist and Coordinator Intern will primarily be a virtual position and need to have access to the internet via either; computer, tablet and/or phone. Different social media platforms offer different capabilities based on the device being used to update them so its important for the intern to have multiple access devices.
Intern Responsibilities Primary responsibilities of the intern will be to:
- Help create a social media growth strategy and plan
- Execute and monitor the plan with key performance indicators such as; number of followers change, # likes and shares
- Test and Revise the plan/execution as needed based upon performance and prior targeted/planned growth criteria.
The intern should
- Understand social media guidelines/rules
- Able to create posts, add images/videos to posts etc. Use platform(s)
- Understand hashtags – their purpose, use and how to leverage them
- Take direction. Ability to work alone as well as within a team environment.. This is an unpaid internship requiring no more than 4-6 hours per week.
When offered Fall 2019
Contact; Ron at Email: info@createdportraits Subject: Social Media Growth Strategist and Coordinator Internship. Please include information about yourself, why you are a good fit for this position and any prior success stories you’d like to share.